I just love spinach soup. No one in my family will eat it, so when I make it I freeze loads of it for me to reheat and eat for lunch at work.
- 2 large onions
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g baby spinach leaves
- 1 sour cream
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 250g bacon
- 3 rounds of feta
- olive oil
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, fry onions and garlic cloves in olive oil until soft.
- Add the bacon and fry until cooked
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil.
- Turn of the stove and add the spinach.
- Leave this to cool.
- Once completely cooled, blend with a stick or hand blender until smooth and poor back into the pot.
- Add the nutmeg, salt & pepper as well as crumbed feta and bring to boil – this takes about 5 mins.
- Serve with a some sour cream.
Just a note do not add sour cream and then freeze, it will go sour.
To join in with the #Blogvember challenge see my previous post with all the details.
In other news – We have decided on a date for our wedding! Read post here
2011: Lollos Live
* Don’t forget to check my Press Releases Page, maybe you find a product or company which interests you.