Another update on my home improvements… new things can be seen in pink…
Still to do:
- Change the batteries in my clock as it had been 10:20 for almost as long as it has been up. – Clock went into the bin, I have replaced the batteries, but it is still not working, so now I need a new one. – I finally got a new clock, now just to put it up.
- More glasses and mugs, but again all shapes and sizes. – My father got glasses from Consel for R2 a glass. – I seriously need more mugs – I got more mugs, but half of them has broken from leaving them in my car.
- Hooks on the kitchen door to hang my and the girls aprons – this will just be for decorating as you actually have to cook or bake to be able to use them, this wont be for decoration anymore because I actually book and bake.
- A new kettle as mine has gone on a permanent vacation – My mother got me a new one.
- Put in 2 Floating Shelves under my clock – I’ve decided to only put on up. it’s filled with pretty tins.
- More glass jars – I love having my pasta, the porridge and the kid’s sweets all over my kitchen. It makes it look like I actually us my kitchen. I want more jars, any shape size or colour – I now have more than I can actually use.
- A wine rack – Maybe there will be wine on it someday. – My mother cleaned out her house and I got a mini wine rack that takes 6 bottles, now I need wine to fill it with.
- A pretty bin – The pretty bathroom bin Tara gave me has moved to the Bathroom and I got an ugly but big bin for my kitchen.
- Fridge – I have one, but it is tiny. I want another one. A big one. – Hannes moved in and now I suddenly have 2 large ones. – We got rid of one of the old ones and got a brand new out the box fridge.
- A bigger nicer dry rack or maybe a full-time cleaner to do this task for me. – I got the dry rack, but still no full-time maid. – I now have a maid that comes in once a week to do the cleaning and ironing. It’s not full-time but I can live with that.
- Chest Freezer – I don’t have space or on, but I have always wanted one. Even if it has to be in my bedroom next to my bed I want one. – Finally after 5 years of living on my own I have a brand new out the box chest freezer.
3 of the 11 things for my Kitchen still needs work…
Still to do:
- Curtain holding thingies. – Lovely pink ones now hold the curtains back.
- Green paint for walls
- Fix double bunk – the double bunk has been fixed and I am now redoing the bedroom. – The double bunk has broken again, because it wasn’t fixed properly the first time. The girls now have 2 bed in their room.
- A table for each child. – Lorelai got the old table and Amandalynn got a new one.
- Curtains – Bright pink curtains have been put up.
3 of the 5 things for my Kids bedroom still needs work.
Still to do:
- New Bed
- Bedside tables
- Headboard – want a vintage looking thing
- A reading chair with standing lamp – This will be a dream come true
- Light for mirror – I have to get lights installed by my dresser as it is way too dark to be able to do make up
- Full length mirror that makes my boobs look huge and my middle tiny.
- New curtains. – I have gotten curtains from my friend Liesel, they aren’t new but they will do. Still have to hang them up.
- Curtain holding thingies
- All new bedding – When my mother in law visited for 2 weeks I got new bedding for my bed as she was sleeping in it. Finally!
- Hooks for necklaces – I found these awesome holders/drawers for my all my jewelry and make-up. My dressers has never been that neat.
9 of the 11 things for my My Bedroom still needs work.
I want this room to be warm and inviting, also no specific colour scheme at this stage.
Still to do:
- Childproof Rug – I want a soft and warm rug in my lounge. I t has to be childproof or have full-time security to keep my children off it. – We got a rug, but it is not childproof at all. This rug is old and we are no longer able to get it clean and looking great. One day I will have a new one.
- Photo frame Wall – I had one, but then I got a large mirror and it replaced my photo’s – Need to hang all of these.
- Standing Lamp – I have always wanted one and will eventually have a really pretty one.
- Curtains – I have blinds but curtains just makes a room look softer and warmer.
- Scatter Cushions – I want loads, there has to be so many that you cannot sit on my couch. – I have 3, but the kids broke one already. I want more.
- I need to get myself a decent lounge suite or sleeper couch, the problem with this is that I have not really seen something that I really really love. – When Hannes moved in I got a nice sleeper couch and some chairs.
- I want a low very low coffee table to be placed on my childproof rug. – Another lovely thing I got when Hannes moved in.
- A real TV unit. I currently use the girl’s compactum instead of buying one, because there really is no other space in my house for it and I do not want to get rid of it. – Got my old one back.
- Large mirror – My father made me one.
- Get a doorbell – Done and dusted.
- Bookcase – I have an old oddly shapes book-case, that I want to revamp. One of the mommy blogs redid hers with comic book pages and it looked really awesome (mommy blogger I hope you are reading this as I really need the link for that and somehow to steps) I want to do it in black and white with photos of me and the monsters. – This never happened. I got a glass case when Hannes moved in, it now holds our books, our memories and most of my glasses.
5 of the 11 things for my Lounge still needs work.
I want my bathroom to be Brown and either pink/blue/green.
Still to do:
- Hand towel ring and toilet roll hook
- New colour coded with theme towels and bath mats
- 4 hooks behind doors for towels – I got a hook thingy that attaches to the shower door.
- A large stuffs holder from my shower – I got a pretty white one, that my dad finally attached to the wall yesterday.
- Put up two floating shelves with baskets in – I got 2 pink baskets and a floating shelve for the bathroom – My father finally put it up yesterday.
- Pretty bin – Tara got me a nice bin for my birthday, it is currently standing in my kitchen.
2 of the 6 things for my Bathroom still needs work.
Still to do:
- Outside cushions to sit on concrete stepping-stones
- More lights
- Table and chairs – Yesterday my father mentioned that he is working on this one – so we will just have to see what happens.
- Washing Machine & Tumble dryer (I want new pretty ones) – a girl can dream can’t she? – I got a new Washing Machine and an old Tumble Dryer. – I have a brand new tumble dryer… It’s not outside like my washing machine, but in my lounge where it doubles as a heater.
- Cover my iron board – This has been done and I have never used it.
- Thing for hangers – It’s basically a long piece of metal that my dad puts up and I can hang my washing on it. – Done and dusted.
- Fill stepping-stones with concrete as the and is crap. – This has been done, my backyard is now sand free.
- Loads of colourful pots with plants in them. – I have finally gotten plants that wont die because I touch them. Hannes and my dad made pretty wooden rectangular pots that now need to be filled and my flowers need to be planted in them.
3 of the 8 things for my Outside still needs work.
Maybe this year my bedroom will get some attention! I say this every damn year and every year I am last on the list. Not much has happened in the last 2 months. But we are working on it.