Another update on my home improvements… new things can be seen in pink…
Still to do:
- Change the batteries in my clock as it had been 10:20 for almost as long as it has been up. – Clock went into the bin, I have replaced the batteries, but it is still not working, so now I need a new one. – I finally got a new clock, now just to put it up.
- More glasses and mugs, but again all shapes and sizes. – My father got glasses from Consel for R2 a glass. – I seriously need more mugs
- Hooks on the kitchen door to hang my and the girls aprons – this will just be for decorating as you actually have to cook or bake to be able to use them.
- A new kettle as mine has gone on a permanent vacation – My mother got me a new one.
- Put in 2 Floating Shelves under my clock – I’ve decided to only put on up. it’s filled with pretty tins.
- More glass jars – I love having my pasta, the porridge and the kid’s sweets all over my kitchen. It makes it look like I actually us my kitchen. I want more jars, any shape size or colour – I now have more than I can actually use.
- A wine rack – Maybe there will be wine on it someday. – My mother cleaned out her house and I got a mini wine rack that takes 6 bottles, now I need wine to fill it with.
- A pretty bin – The pretty bathroom bin Tara gave me has moved to the Bathroom and I got an ugly but big bin for my kitchen.
- Fridge – I have one, but it is tiny. I want another one. A big one. – Hannes moved in and now I suddenly have 2 large ones. – We got rid of one of the old ones and got a brand new out the box fridge.
- A bigger nicer dry rack or maybe a full-time cleaner to do this task for me. – I got the dry rack, but still no full-time maid. – I now have a maid that comes in once a week to do the cleaning and ironing. It’s not full-time but I can live with that.
- Chest Freezer – I don’t have space or on, but I have always wanted one. Even if it has to be in my bedroom next to my bed I want one. – Finally after 5 years of living on my own I have a brand new out the box chest freezer.
3 of the 11 things for my Kitchen still needs work…
I want this room to be warm and inviting, also no specific colour scheme at this stage.
Still to do:
- Childproof Rug – I want a soft and warm rug in my lounge. I t has to be childproof or have full-time security to keep my children off it. – We got a rug, but it is not childproof at all. This rug is old and we are no longer able to get it clean and looking great. One day I will have a new one.
- Photo frame Wall – I had one, but then I got a large mirror and it replaced my photo’s – Need to hang all of these.
- Standing Lamp – I have always wanted one and will eventually have a really pretty one.
- Curtains – I have blinds but curtains just makes a room look softer and warmer.
- Scatter Cushions – I want loads, there has to be so many that you cannot sit on my couch. – I have 3, but the kids broke one already. I want more.
- I need to get myself a decent lounge suite or sleeper couch, the problem with this is that I have not really seen something that I really really love. – When Hannes moved in I got a nice sleeper couch and some chairs.
- I want a low very low coffee table to be placed on my childproof rug. – Another lovely thing I got when Hannes moved in.
- A real TV unit. I currently use the girl’s compactum instead of buying one, because there really is no other space in my house for it and I do not want to get rid of it. – Got my old one back.
- Large mirror – My father made me one.
- Get a doorbell – Done and dusted.
- Bookcase – I have an old oddly shapes book-case, that I want to revamp. One of the mommy blogs redid hers with comic book pages and it looked really awesome (mommy blogger I hope you are reading this as I really need the link for that and somehow to steps) I want to do it in black and white with photos of me and the monsters. – This never happened. I got a glass case when Hannes moved in, it now holds our books, our memories and most of my glasses.
5 of the 11 things for my Lounge still needs work.
I want my bathroom to be Brown and either pink/blue/green.
Still to do:
- Hand towel ring and toilet roll hook
- New colour coded with theme towels and bath mats
- 4 hooks behind doors for towels – I got a hook thingy that attaches to the shower door.
- A large stuffs holder from my shower – I got a pretty white one, that my dad finally attached to the wall yesterday.
- Put up two floating shelves with baskets in – I got 2 pink baskets and a floating shelve for the bathroom – My father finally put it up yesterday.
- Pretty bin – Tara got me a nice bin for my birthday, it is currently standing in my kitchen.
2 of the 6 things for my Bathroom still needs work.
Still to do:
- Curtain holding thingies. – Lovely pink ones now hold the curtains back.
- Green paint for walls
- Fix double bunk – the double bunk has been fixed and I am now redoing the bedroom.
- A table for each child. – Lorelai got the old table and Amandalynn got a new one.
- Curtains – Bright pink curtains have been put up.
2 of the 5 things for my Kids bedroom still needs work.
Still to do:
- Outside cushions to sit on concrete stepping-stones
- More lights
- Table and chairs – Yesterday my father mentioned that he is working on this one – so we will just have to see what happens.
- Washing Machine & Tumble dryer (I want new pretty ones) – a girl can dream can’t she? – I got a new Washing Machine and an old Tumble Dryer. – I have a brand new tumble dryer… It’s not outside like my washing machine, but in my lounge where it doubles as a heater.
- Cover my iron board – This has been done and I have never used it.
- Thing for hangers – It’s basically a long piece of metal that my dad puts up and I can hang my washing on it. – Done and dusted.
- Fill stepping-stones with concrete as the and is crap. – This has been done, my backyard is now sand free.
- Loads of colourful pots with plants in them. – I have finally gotten plants that wont die because I touch them. Hannes and my dad made pretty wooden rectangular pots that now need to be filled and my flowers need to be planted in them.
3 of the 8 things for my Outside still needs work.
Still to do:
- New Bed
- Bedside tables
- Headboard – want a vintage looking thing
- A reading chair with standing lamp – This will be a dream come true
- Hooks for necklaces
- Light for mirror – I have to get lights installed by my dresser as it is way too dark to be able to do make up
- Full length mirror that makes my boobs look huge and my middle tiny.
- New curtains.
- Curtain holding thingies
- All new bedding – When my mother in law visited for 2 weeks I got new bedding for my bed as she was sleeping in it. Finally!
10 of the 11 things for my My Bedroom still needs work.
Maybe this year my bedroom will get some attention! I say this every damn year and every year I am last on the list.