Every mom wants to feel special on Mother’s day! After all the work mothers put into carrying and raising children, and supporting their families, they certainly deserve to be rewarded. A Mother’s day tea party is one great way to celebrate her special day.
“A good plan is always recommended and should be done a few days before.” Says Lindy and Megan from, Event Affairs.
Event Affairs offers their top tips for the perfect Mothers’ day tea party.
- Who to invite? If the party is not a surprise, you can ask Mom who she would like to attend, or ask family and friends for suggestions.
- Location – Indoors or outdoors? Choose a location that will accommodate all your guests and ensure relevant catering, seating, tables and tableware is available
- Menu – think about your mom’s favourite foods. This does not necessarily have to be traditional tea party foods such as sandwiches and cakes. A variety of small portions of her favourite treats can also be served. Ask each person who attends to bring one of their own dishes that she loves.
- Presents – make a list of suggestions for family members if required
- Flowers – what is her favourite flowers and where can you get these?
- Assistance – is help required with flower arranging, baking, serving and delivering of items?
One week before party
- Send invitations in plenty of time and get RSVP’s.
- Book your flowers at least two days ahead of time – florists often get sold out on Mother’s day! Ask family and friends, especially those who cannot attend, to send a message for Mom (handwritten or email) and a photo well ahead of time. Print these out and stick them in a decorated book to make a wonderful memento for years to come.
- Make cards by hand rather than purchasing shop stock. This will make Mom feel truly special!
- Ensure the table decoration is clean and colourful, and that good china is used.
- Make the table arrangement special by placing some of Mom’s favourite objects, such as photos or ornaments on the table.
- Set a special setting for Mom from where she can have contact with everyone. Personalise her seat by using a bigger chair, perhaps with her own favourite cushion and throw, and set a special table setting just for her.
- Herbs or potted plants are useful to double up as table decoration and presents.
Once you have done all the above, all you have to do is to enjoy the party and share the special day with Mom – she will really appreciate it!
Company profile and information
Event Affairs is a distinctive events management company with an intrinsic ethos towards exceptional service, while challenging conventional thinking, in order to deliver world-class corporate & private events and Weddings. Event Affairs has 4 divisions in the company:
The Wedding Co-ordination division aims to fulfil the Bridal Couples’ ultimate dream wedding. This department also offers a unique service in Proposal Planning and Engagement Parties.
The Private Events division specialises in planning memorable and innovative events such as birthday parties, anniversaries or any special occasion.
The Corporate Events Management department offers an efficient and attentive service for corporate functions such as team building parties, cocktail functions and awards ceremonies.
The Experiential Event Management division creates the ultimate truly South African experience, where the client enjoys a wide variety of activities and extraordinary experiences unique to our beautiful country
Owners: Lindy Srubis and Megan Buchanan
Telephone: +27 21 671 4994
For event portfolio and gallery. Design ideas and all things fabulous.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/EventAffairs @EventAffairs
For up-to-the-minute event recommendations and advice on go-to suppliers