I’m doing a 26 before 27 list, the initial idea was seen on my good friend Coral’s blog.
I want to make my home perfect for me and my girls, the way I want it. I figured making a list of the new things I want and the old things I want to replace will help me keep track. I might even add some pictures and do a couple of DIY projects. In the end this list will have more than one use, by my birthday if anyone asks me what I want or need I can just send them a link. LOVE IT
- A new kettle as mine has gone on a permanent vacation.
- Change the batteries in my clock as it had been 10:20 for almost as long as it has been up. – Clock went into the bin, I have replaced the batteries, but it is still not working, so now I need a new one.
- Put in 2 Floating Shelves under my clock – as soon as they are up I will make a list of things I want to fill it with. – got one of the 2 Floating shelves
- More glass jars – I love having my pasta, the porridge and the kid’s sweets all over my kitchen. It makes it look like I actually us my kitchen. I want more jars, any shape size or colour. – I got 5 more Honey Jars for my kitchen
- A wine rack – Maybe there will be wine on it someday. – My mother cleaned out her house and I got a mini wine rack that takes 6 bottles, now I need wine to fill it with.
- More glasses and mugs, but again all shapes and sizes. – My father got glasses from Consel for R2 a glass.
- Put up two floating shelves with baskets in – I got 2 pink baskets and a floating shelve for the bathroom. now to wait for my father to put it up.
- Pretty bin – Tara got me a nice bin for my birthday, it is currently standing in my kitchen.
- fix double bunk – the double bunk has been fixed and I am now redoing the bedroom.
- A table for each child. – Lorelai got the old table and Amandalynn got a new one.
More things I would like to do:
My kitchen is stunning, I love my kitchen. I will not change anything (it is all brand new anyway) I want to add a couple of things just to make it awesome. I have no colour scheme for this room as I want it to be one big mix or colours, shapes and sizes.
- Put in 1 Floating Shelves under my clock – as soon as they are up I will make a list of things I want to fill it with.
- More glass jars – I love having my pasta, the porridge and the kid’s sweets all over my kitchen. It makes it look like I actually us my kitchen. I want more jars, any shape size or colour.
- Fridge – I have one, but it is tiny. I want another one. A big one
- A pretty bin
- Hooks on the kitchen door to hang my and the girls aprons – this will just be for decorating as you actually have to cook or bake to be able to use them.
- Chest Freezer – I don’t have space or on, but I have always wanted one. Even if it has to be in my bedroom next to my bed I want one.
- More glasses and mugs, but again all shapes and sizes.
- A bigger nicer dry rack or maybe a full-time cleaner to do this task for me.
- Standing Lamp – I have always wanted one and will eventually have a really pretty one.
- Childproof Rug – I want a soft and warm rug in my lounge. I t has to be childproof or have full-time security to keep my children off it.
- I need to get myself a decent lounge suite or sleeper couch, the problem with this is that I have not really seen something that I really really love.
- I want a low very low coffee table to be placed on my childproof rug.
- Curtains – I have blinds but curtains just makes a room look softer and warmer.
- Scatter Cushions – I want loads, there has to be so many that you cannot sit on my couch.
- Bookcase – I have an old old oddly shapes book-case, that I want to revamp. One of the mommy blogs redid hers with comic book pages and it looked really really awesome (mommy blogger I hope you are reading this as I really need the link for that and somehow to steps) I want to do it in black and white with photos of me and the monsters.
- A real TV unit. I currently use the girl’s compactum instead of buying one, because there really is no other space in my house for it and I do not want to get rid of it.
- Photo frame Wall – I have started on this project (when I moved in) but haven’t finished it; I need to put up my old frames and get some new ones.
- Get a doorbell
- Large mirror
Bathroom – I want my bathroom to be Brown and either pink/blue/green. (We are just girls in the house and my favourite colour is pink, but there is currently not a room in my house that does not have pink from floor to ceiling and I am trying to cut down on that.
- 4 hooks behind doors for towels
- Hand towel ring and toilet roll hook
- New colour coded with theme towels and bath mats
- A large stuffs holder from my shower
Outside – Brightly Beautiful
- Washing Machine & Tumble dryer (I want new pretty ones) – a girl can dream can’t she?
- Cover my iron board
- Thing for hangers – It’s basically a long piece of metal that my dad puts up and I can hang my washing on it.
- Fill stepping-stones with concrete as the and is crap
- Loads of colourful pots with plants in them.
- Table and chairs
- Outside cushions to sit on concrete stepping-stones
- More lights
My bedroom – light blue
- New Bed
- Bedside tables
- Headboard – want a vintage looking thing
- Princess lamps
- A reading chair with standing lamp – This will be a dream come true
- Hooks for necklaces
- Light for mirror – I have to get lights installed by my dresser as it is way too dark to be able to do make up
- Full length mirror that makes my boobs look huge and my middle tiny.
- All new bedding and curtains.
- curtain holding thingies
- green paint for walls
- curtain holding thingies.
*All images are from random searches on Google