In couple of months I will be 26, times flies so this year I have decided to follow some other bloggers and do a couple of things before my birthday.
I got a gift, which was something on my list, but got taken back by an asshole!
1. Go camping with my girls for the first time We went camping the first weekend of Feb and the girls loved it. It was Lorelai’s first time camping.
2. Something that wasn’t on my list, I had the 1st Competition on my blog and it was a great success.
To start off with my relationship with Hannes came to an end for the last time. I am not heartbroken or angry, I’m just sad it did not work out as we both put so much work into it.
For the month of May I allowed the wind to take me in the direction it pleases…
3.1 I have found some great ideas for the Pirate party that Amandalynn wanted, but on Friday night she informed me she now wants a Bratz party so I have started looking for ideas (Mar’12) 3.2 Amandalynn will be six in 2 months! Time flies. Were not having a party at home anymore, she wants one at school. Love this child of mine. (Apr’12) 3.3 Amandalynn will be 6 on the 28th, each time I say that I want to start crying. We have now finally decided on the a Jake and the Neverland Pirates themed party. (May’12) 3.4 My daughter turned 6. I still want to cry. She had an awesome party at school and friends and family came to visit.
4.1 I booked my learners on 20 April 2012. I am writing on 4 June 2012 will have to study hard as I have to pass this one. (Apr’12) 4.2 As you are reading this, I am sitting in an exam room
FINALLY writing my learners, pray to who ever you pray to that I pass please! (May’12) 4.3 I wrote my learners and failed, with just ONE point. Need to make another appointment.
5.1 I feel that the change in my appearance in the month of April has been successful. I do my hair every weekend and wear make up most days. I look good and I am feeling good. (April’12) 5.2 I have been keeping up with this. I try accessories and if you know me well, you will know I do not like little things every where.
6.1 I started on my Herb garden. Got some pots over the weekend, painted them and now just to replant the herbs I got at Cape garden Centre. (Apr’12) 6.2 My wonderful little herb garden that I wanted to start already died. I forgot to buy potting soil when I got the plants. Then on Mothers day Cupcakemummy and I got potting soil, which is probably still in her car. (May’12) 6.3 I gave up on the garden and herbs so instead I got the kids a new fish bowl that has a Hello Kitty theme to it.
7.1 Cook more – try 12 new recipes for the year. I have made the most amazing Spinach soup, will do a post with pictures soon. (June’12) 7.2 I have been cooking at least one meal a week. Maybe I should just give up on Stilettos and buy Woolies dinners? On the up side – Friday night I had my first Fondue party.
8. Become famous or do something awesome – I was live on Mommy Matters. It was off the hook awesome!
9.1 Sort out the girls closets and donate the clothing that is to big or small. (2 February 2011) 9.2 My mom helped with the sorting out of the girls clothing and toys. I still have to sort out the 3 black bags filled with clothes and toys, but I will get to that one day. (June’12) 9.3 The bag of clothing has gotten more items and are still in my bedroom waiting to be sorted. The delay on this matter is because my friend Tara’s doctor cannot be certain of the sex of her baby. (July’12) 9.4 Started with this again. Sorted out the bigger cloting in the cupboards and started repacking and trying on all the clothing for the girls to see what fits for summer and what not.
10.1 Get my Maintenance shit sorted – This is not sorted yet, But I was in court on 10 February 2012 and things are moving forward. That post can be read Here (Feb’12) 10.2 I got my court date for Maintenance, okay so it’s not something that I did, but my dates are 19 April with John and 30 April with his parents. (Mar’12) 10.3 Maintenance wise I had 2 court dates in the month of April. Will do a post for this soon. (Apr’12) 10.4 Amandalynn’s father has paid maintenance for 3 months straight and even called her on her birthday! You can read all about that here (June’12) 10.5 Was in court yesterday and for once things went ok. I got an increase in my maintenance and my new date is now 30 Jan 2013. (July’12) 10.6 John did not pay his maintenance by the 6th of August. Made a comment that it will be in by the 6 but no luck with that. Mr Jooste called me on 15 August and he will now get a new date and I will again continue against his parents. I have also changed the visitation schedule with Hannes, he now gets Lorelai every second weekend for the entire weekend instead of one day every weekend. Te second weekend thing with Hannes works great.
11.1 Start reading, at least a book a month. 12 books for the year. (will this then count as 1 or 12 things?) I have so far read the first and second twilight book. (Feb’12) 11.2 I have read the third book on my list in the month of March. Ironically the 3rd twilight book. (Mar’12) 11.3 I have read all 4 the Twilight books and loved them. I am still a little upset with myself that I finished it before I watched the movie. I also started reading book number 5 The Host I’m struggling to get into it, but will finish it. (Apr’12) 11.4 I did not finish reading The Host and doubt that I will. I didn’t read anything this month except for wine bottle labels. Will be getting my ass in gear again! (May’12) 11.5 I started reading the Host again, but I just cannot get into this book, yes I can finish reading it, but I am not enjoying the story (June’12) 11.6 I was so good with the reading this month. I read all the entire trilogy of 50 Shades of Grey. I read a Walk to remember and currently I am reading PS I love you. So 4 books in 1 month and I am now on number 5. This means I have read 8 of my 12 books. So proud (July’12) 11.7 Finished “PS I Love you”, then Between Shades of Grey (it has nothing to do with that awesome 50 Shades of Grey), also read The Rescue and The Lucky one. I am so happy that I finished all 12 books.
12.1 Enroll my daughter in Primary School – I have done this. My mother was on my case for weeks and finally she took over and we got it done and now we are waiting to hear if she has been accepted. (July’12) 12.2 Amandalynn has been accepted to Primary School.
13. DIY for my home: I finally got a new Kettle… actually my mom got it for me as she was tired of me making coffee in her kitchen.
14. Arrange the perfect 26th Birthday for myself – I know when you get older having birthdays become less important, but I like birthdays and I spend so much time arranging for the girls that I feel it is only fair that I also have a great party. I even created a board on Pin.ter.st to help me with the ideas and planning.
15. Lorelai’s 3rd birthday is coming up and I have started looking for ideas and found this awesome little place in Durbanville, where I will be having her party on 26 January 2012. Now I can start planning.
16. I left my cellphone on charge in the box at Newlands on 11 August 2012… the bastards stole it out of the locked box… so now I have applied for a contract to get a Blackberry. 18 August I got my new Blackberry. I have even downloaded the WordPress Application so I have no excuse for not blogging, but each time I want to publish a post from my phone it gives me an error.
17. This was not a goal of mine at all. But I have gotten a promotion at work. A sudden unexpected change. The people I work with wont call it a promotion, but I don’t have to do filling and copies with my daily duties anymore so for me it is a promotion.
18. Watch the sunset from Table Mountain – So I still want to do this, but I got to watch the sunset last weekend with a glass of wine. Perfect evening.
19. Do Charity work – I don’t know why this is actually on my list, but I can actually fill this in. I have registered 2 kids for Santa Shoe Box. Both kids are my kids ages so they will pack the boxes and help me with the shopping.
Still attempt to do this year and if I can’t I’ll do it next year:
- Go on holiday. A real one. Anywhere. Make it a road trip
- Conquer a fear
- Get my license
- Get a laptop
- Do a weekend away no kids just for fun.
- Get my own car
- Dance on bubble wrap
- Sing karaoke
- Have a funky photo shoot
- Boogey board or surf
- Play with snow – Winter is over so this will have to be done next year…
- Build a sandcastle on the beach
- Go to a concert
- Play dress up
- Do a 5000 piece puzzle
- Update my will
- Go on the Gautrain
- Make home-made gifts for Christmas
- Books I still want to read (by Nicholas Sparks): The Best of Me; Safe Haven; The Last Song; The Choice; Dear John (I have seen the movie); At First Sight; True Believer; Three Weeks with My Brother; The Wedding; The Guardian; Nights in Rodanthe; A Bend in the Road; Message in a Bottle (I have seen the movie); Wokini; The Notebook
Cant think of anything else, but will add-on! Feel free to suggest anything!
- Motherday weekend May bring more change (scaredmom.wordpress.com)
- Lorelai’s first Camping trip (scaredmom.wordpress.com)
- Clever! (scaredmom.wordpress.com)
- Missing… (thestilettomum.wordpress.com)
- Potty Training is not meant for every parent… (thestilettomum.wordpress.com)
- Child Support / Maintenance – Amandalynn Part 8 (thestilettomum.wordpress.com)
- This Mommy Matters (thestilettomum.wordpress.com)
- 25 before 26 – List update end July (thestilettomum.wordpress.com)