So like I’ve said before Amandalynn is in Pre-Preprimary this year or as she like to call it “Junior Preprimary”
The teacher is very strict with the kids at this stage as she expects a couple of things from them that I never gave any thought to. Discipline is very important to her and I fully agree.
The things she expects them to do, I have honestly never even figured that Amandalynn is old enough as she is my baby:
- Pack own school bag – or assist parents in packing bags daily, so they can learn what needs to be packed daily.
- Throw papers in bin – okay she has been doing this
- Pick own clothing – she has been doing this as well
- Do homework every weekend – now please understand at is more practicing that they learnt in the week. And once a month they get a project, like to make a family tree and every week they need to look for pictures about letters of the alphabet.
- Push chair in when getting up from table.
I’ve tried most of these things with Amandalynn and after 2 months with this teacher I can see a great change in my child. She loves school and is really happy with her teacher.
There is only one thing currently working on my nerves, her clothing is not making it, she comes home looking like she was in the mud or big holes in her shirt and pants… but I assume that is part of the schooling process